Recognizing an opportunity to establish a surety specialized agency that would better serve their clients specific surety needs, Yung Mullick and Jim Moilanen opened the doors to The Bond Exchange in 1999. Both Yung and Jim began their careers as surety underwriters at several of the largest surety providers in the market.
The Bond Exchange has evolved into one of the premier surety specialized agencies in the country, providing bonds for more than $8 billion in construction projects and acting as an instrumental partner to those clients that have needed expanded surety programs to support business growth.
The Bond Exchange recently expanded in Northern California with the addition of an office in Oakland. Austin Neff, who began his career with The Bond Exchange, rejoined the company in 2018 to help deliver The Bond Exchange's services to a broader set of customers. Austin has developed surety solutions for some of the largest companies in the world and will use that expertise to provide strategic surety solutions to The Bond Exchange clientele.
The Bond Exchange continues to grow and evolve every year, capitalizing on its strategic partnerships in the surety marketplace to provide solutions that leverage each client's financial strength and operational capabilities.
The Bond Exchange is a proud member of the following associations:
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Engineering Contractors Association (ECA)
- Surety Association of Northern California (SANC)
- Surety Underwriters Association of Southern California (SUASC)
- Ventura County Contractors Association (VCCA)